FABBS advances the rigor and maximizes the impact of the behavioral and brain sciences through advocacy, communication, and education.
Learn more about our accomplishments
FABBS provides useful behavioral and brain science to key policy makers at critical times in the decision making process.
Our advocacy efforts encompass all areas of the federal government, including:
FABBS facilitates information exchange within and without the behavioral and brain science community through:
- Regular communication with our member societies (and other benefits from joining FABBS).
- The Annual Meeting of the FABBS Council of Representatives.
- The recognition of excellence in early-career achievements and student research and in the advancement of inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility.
- Our newsletter, FABBS News Highlights, and our extensive news coverage (over 500 articles).
- Our journal, Policy Insights from the Behavioral and Brain Sciences (PIBBS), which encourages the sound use of science in the creation of public policy.
FABBS delivers timely training, and resources to support the research and advocacy efforts of its members.
Our full set of educational resources can be found in the Resources section, including:
- Research funding information.
- Advocacy tools.
- Public scholarship training.
- Open science resources.
In addition, we have prepared a Research to Policy series of lay summaries of selected PIBBS articles for the public in order to illuminate the ways that brain and behavioral research impacts society.