August 18, 2022
Leaders of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) released the Multi-Agency Research and Development Priorities for FY 2024 on July 22nd. The Administration’s annual memo provides guidance to federal agencies as they draft their budget requests for fiscal year 2024, detailing how R&D programs are expected to align with the president’s larger policy agenda.
This year, the White House lists the following priorities:
- Preparing for and preventing pandemics
- Reducing the death rate from cancer by half
- Tackling climate change
- Advancing national security and technological competitiveness
- Innovating for equity
- Cultivating an equitable STEM education, engagement, and workforce ecosystem
- Promoting open science and community-engaged R&D
FABBS will meet with colleagues at OMB, OSTP, and federal agencies to underscore findings from the behavioral and brain sciences as well as areas in need of greater scientific research as they relate to administration priorities identified in this memo.