Data Sharing Seminar Series for Societies
FABBS is joining forces with several other organizations to provide societies and their journals with information and resources to help their communities be more knowledgeable and prepared to share data (and software) in a way that is relevant and meaningful for each discipline.
This is a 12-month series.
These seminars are monthly through January 2022 held on the first Friday of each month at 10am ET (14:00 UTC). There will be 2-3 speakers with ~30 minutes of Q&A and discussion specific to society engagement to help with data sharing, credit, transparency and more. Recordings will be made available following the session. Previously held seminars are archived here.
Next upcoming seminar: 7 May 2021, 10 – 11 am ET (14:00 UTC)
Title: Accelerating Science: Data Discovery and Interoperability
- Michelle Heacock, Data Science, NIEHS Superfund Research Program (bio)
- Danie Kinkade, BCO-DMO, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (bio)
(Download flyer here.)
Registration is free. You will have the option to register for just the current event, or the entire series. If you register for the entire 12-month series, you will automatically receive all invitations with a Zoom link.
To register for just this event, click below:
Questions? Contact Shelley Stall, email@example.com.
Thank you to these collaborating societies and federations:
- American Astronomical Society
- American Geophysical Union
- American Meteorological Society, Board on Data Stewardship
- Council of Scientific Society Presidents
- Federation of American Societies For Experimental Biology
- Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry